|lamp of faith - photo by anjali|
Next time you wish to travel with a difference or a subject add religion to it. India will surely cross your mind and itinerary. Let us find a little.
statistics speak volume of the religious-cultural profile of India, cross-check authentic source for we, the promoter and seller of country so vivid, might have bragged in the process...
- India has played mother to four of the world's major religious traditions viz. Hinduism, Jainism, Buddhism and Sikhism.
- India has the largest population of people adhering to Zoroastrianism and Bahá'í Faith anywhere in the world.
- Third largest Muslim population in the world is in India
No wonder this profile shows in its landscape in the form of places like Old Delhi's Chandni Chowk, where Azaan from Jama Masjid, Bhajan from a Gauri-Shankar Mandir , Musical Instruments from the Digambar Jain Lal Mandir, Ardaas from the Shishganj Gurudwara creates the religio-musical harmony without getting pushy and the Central Baptist Church is the mute listener save for the Sundays when even it is abuzz with mass and prayers!
saffron and sadhu are but only the guidebook image of the religions of India - photo by anjali
So, I echo, next time you wish to travel with a difference or a subject add religion to it. India will surely cross your mind and plan. When it does, try Religions of India, the 11 days tour that highlights:
- Glimpse of few of the various faiths that have existed in India maintaining their own dignity.
- India's biggest mosque (Islam), Lotus temple (Bahai), Golden temple (Sikhism), Monasteries ( Buddhism), Vaisno devi (Hinduism)
- Arti (evening prayer) on the banks of holy river Ganges
- 11 days tour across Delhi - Haridwar - Amritsar-Dharamshala - Jammu (Vaishno Devi)